This blog is a record of what we are doing in the real world as we self-organise to deal with the repercussions to the credit crunch. There is no organisation to this, no group, no network. You are already part of it. Let's do the best we can.

800k+ people to be unemployed in the first two months of 2009 in the UK alone...

Monday 19 January 2009

no change

Since last Friday, there has been no change. My emails have not been returned. I was hoping to have a few more leads, like those below... but so far nothing. I sent off generic emails to various organisations, specifically government or council bodies. Clearly, they are not as efficient as the NGO's who have replied sharpish.

This indicates the order of the problem. I shall pursue the contact through the bottom-up approach, through Dillon, and see how far that goes. From tomorrow, I shall attempt a more direct approach, trying to phone and speak to the people who make the decisions. Towards the end of the week, I shall visit their offices with the hope that I can catch someone in the organisation if not the decision-maker.

Some initial wording, which I have given up on: emplayment, and the wave. The problem with writing is that it begins the seeding process that leads to accretion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be the wave