This blog is a record of what we are doing in the real world as we self-organise to deal with the repercussions to the credit crunch. There is no organisation to this, no group, no network. You are already part of it. Let's do the best we can.

800k+ people to be unemployed in the first two months of 2009 in the UK alone...

Wednesday 21 January 2009

phone limitations

Hmmm.... Just got into the office, and the chap who runs the hive, Mitchell, asks to have a word in private. He tells me that I was using the phone yesterday and this was a problem. He explained that it was effectively an incoming line, and that my constant use of it over two hours yesterday afternoon, my first attempt to contact live people in local and national government, was a problem. He suggested I should look into alternatives.

I am unemployed. I am using this office-space without paying. My computer has been here for some months, while I was in Thailand, for the use of anyone who needed it really, so I think I have some right in being here for a little while and using the services. I wouldn't even mind paying the phone bill... I just eat beans for a month :)

So, I am not sure how to progress. I would like to think there is a positivity and things feedback so that I can take the thing one step further. This does not seem to be the case. I had hoped that I get the support from melanin and the hive, and this is a little problematic. I shall attempt to use skype to conduct the business calls, and we shall see if that works. Mamading is not about, so I am not sure how to align phone with my skype account. Hmmm...

One of the principles I am operating is that I need only go forwards based on a positive conditions. That is, the people whom I spoked to yesterday, even given their position within government, attempted to offer alternative approaches for me such that I can continue with the fulfilment of this idea. They did not block, and though I did not follow the procedure, they came up with a possible avenues for me to progress.

Even Mitchel attempted to assist me to finding an alternative mode of communication. Very kind of him.

Although there is no great supporting energy, I make my lone way, slowly, in the storm, passing from door to door, hoping that my efforts meet with those who might appreciate them, that is, they recognise that I am here to help, and that this proposed solution and manner of implementation is simple and elegant enough to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be the wave